Do you have books piling up at home?
At The Book Emporium we offer store credit in exchange for donated books. You can bring your used books to the store where Helen will take a look at them and offer you store credit depending on their value, condition, and our current inventory.
Books we are interested in
We are interested in stocking books of a wide variety depending on the condition they are in. The amount we can offer you will be affected by things like tears, smells, and broken spines. These are all things that we need to take into consideration when we buy books, because repair and cleaning take time.
Whether you have a few books or a whole collection, give us a call and we would be happy to have a look!
We will accept:
- PEI, Maritime, and Canadian History
- Military/War History
- Popular and Classic Literature (Fiction/Non-Fiction)
- Popular and Classic Children’s Literature (Fiction/Non-Fiction/Picture Books/Board Books/Pop-Up Books)
- Art History
- Rare and hard to find books
- Audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs
Books we will not accept
We will not take books that are in bad condition. This includes books with loose pages, broken spines, noticeable odours, marking, stains, and torn pages.
See below for a list of other books we will not accept:
- Most magazines
- Outdated textbooks
- Outdated calendars and day planners
- Reader’s Digest condensed books